Bobbie Blog has moved,Please visit the new blog site at BobbiesBakingBlog.com

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Macaron

 


I guess about 14 days ago I blogged that my daughter and I were in barking on baking some macarons. I had learned what I thought I needed to create these beautiful delicate french pastry; needless to say I was wrong.
I forgot we live in Colorado which imposes an altitude issue, plus these cuties need aged egg whites out of shell and left on counter for at least 48 hours. In addition to the fact colorado was experiencing an unusual wet April, now humidity becomes an issue.

Sydney and I refused to give up so 3 dozen eggs later and belly full of delicious, however unattractive macarons we finally conquered our goal. With some help from my husband's science and mathematical skills we finally have a recipe that taste, looks good, and works in "The Rocky Mountains!"

No comments:

Post a Comment