Bobbie Blog has moved,Please visit the new blog site at BobbiesBakingBlog.com

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rose-Strawberry Macaron Macaron with Strawberry Creme filling


The early morning sun is rising, I actually had the opportunity to watch it come up as I ran 5 miles, on my way inside to begin baking. I grabbed the egg whites from the back refrigerator. Now I am weighing them as my coffee brews in the back ground. They have a few hours to hang out watching  Sydney and I bake before we get to them.
 Each day I realizes how lucky I am to have such a wonderful daughter, who is my friend, confidant, and my only child. I also feel a strong pang in my heart... she, as it should be, is leaving for college in Illinois. I am so proud of her and her scholarships. I want her to succeed, but truth be told I will miss her like crazy.

It will be odd to start a weekend baking without my baking partner, I know a ton of food care packages will be heading East. Today, however she is here to help and have fun.
    The sugar syrup at temperature, Sydney is responsible for this part of the Italian meringue.
I remember the first time I taught her about hot sugar syrup. She wanted some marshmallows for a party and I gave her the sugar syrup to watch. The first pot caramelized and went past usability, but the next pot she prepared perfectly! Now she is a pro and doesn't need any help.
Believe it or not this is the tant pour tant, almonds icing sugar, and colorants ordered straight from france!
I ground it and Sydney sifted.
The egg whites from this morning whipping up as Sydney is finishing the sugar syrup. I have done both the sugar syrup and the meringues, but it is so much more enjoyable with my baking partner.

 The meringue is ready and stiff time to put in some old fashion muscle to work; the folding begins. I probably could work faster if Sydney was not making me laugh, by reminding of this lunch we had on Friday. I would love to share, but my life would be in danger secrets are secrets. My husband can attest to the fact there are lots of secrets between us "girls". Poor guy I know he sometimes feels left out, but Sydney and I have been having little (sometimes big) secrets since she was of talking age. Back to work..the fold.
Still folding and laughing, almost there, just a few more strokes!
Sydney is in white rabbit mode, as we like to call it in our little unit, she clears the decks, getting four 1/2 sheet jelly roll pans lined, pre lined with a silicone mat. I am scraping the macaron batter into my very large pipping bag, and pushing all the air out.

Lined up, so I can work in my white rabbit mode, are my jelly pans, I now pipe each little round circle of Rose naturally flavored batter and bang the pans against counter. Sydney diligently grabs each pan after it has be loudly rapped and hopefully lost most of it's tiny peak. The comma pipe is not my forte so sometimes there are remaining bird beaks, oh well.

Long waiting period begins, we can either take a break or bake more, the latter is chosen and a brioche dough begins. No pictures of this one, but I plan to do a bread brioche blog before the end of summer. Sydney loves cinnamon rolls so we try to prepare a brioche at least once a week. I am hoping she can make cinnamon rolls for herself in the dorms, but I remember dorm life so probably not, maybe she will meet a friend with a kitchen and she can make cinnamon rolls there. I most likely will be overnighting them to her, I guess she will still need me, not the same though.

Colorado, we have feet, the almond batter has descended to the base! In about 15 to 18 minutes this tray will be ready to start cooling, I better put the stainless bowl with whisk attachment in the freezer. These pink beauties will have a strawberry rose creme filling.

Beautiful a flat bottom and a shiny round top. 

Time to start the filling, if Sydney will stop tasting the liqueur so I can pour...

Sydney has already taken all the goodies out for the Rose Strawberry Creme, I would like to tell you she is efficient, but in this situation she is interested in tasting the liqueurs, she proclaims she would hate for a bad flavor to go into the creme. I want a taste, but she insist we must begin.

The piping has started the cookies are all partnered up. I am making Sydney nuts, I seem to grab the cookies and ruin all her time she has spent making sure each macaron has a perfectly matched bottom. I wonder were her obsessive perfectionism stems from? 
 
Twenty four hours later, the flavors have to marry for optimum taste, we have our Rose Strawberry Macarons! as soon as I stop taking photos my little family can taste and eat them.

Sydney's perfectly manicured fingers hold the Rose Strawberry Creme Macaron, it looks awesome with hard shiny shell, soft cookie centered with a cloudful creamy soft creme. We are happy and ready to crack more eggs for the next batch, which will be in four days. The eggs whites need to age of course.

Still have not ventured on the sour cherry macaron shell, having trouble coming up with a recipe, I hate when I have macaron block. Sydney thinks we should just create more Macaron Citron Vert avec Ganache au Chocolat Blanc crème (A Lime Macaron).



No comments:

Post a Comment